With campuses in the beautiful spa town of Cheltenham and historic cathedral city of Gloucester, we are home to a diverse and vibrant community which offers our staff a welcoming and professional environment to fulfil their personal and professional goals and our students a place to learn, grow, and make lasting connections.
We are a community committed to our students. We aspire to enable every student to achieve their potential, through outstanding support for their learning and providing them with a broad and rich experience, preparing them well for rewarding lives and successful careers.
To elevate the support for our staff and students, we are now seeking an innovative Academic Registrar to join the University and drive change in our Academic Registry. Reporting to the Pro-Vice Chancellor, Governance and Student Affairs, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering a customer focused approach to academic administration, to ensure each student is at the heart of what we do.
- Driving efficiencies for academic administration across the team.
- Improving the use of IT resources in the Academic Registry and working with our Library, Technology, and Information (LTI) team and other departments to ensure the continuous development of corporate systems.
- Enabling the University’s academic schools to deliver growth in student numbers, including through existing provision, new and diversified provision, and academic partnerships.
To support you on this journey, you will be responsible for leading the following portfolio:
- Academic Partnership Services
- Academic Services
- Governance and Secretariat Services
- Registry Services
This is a great opportunity for someone who is motivated to deliver change and provide excellent customer service to students and colleagues around them.
Want to know more?
In the first instance, please take a moment to watch our video which explains the role in more detail
We are hosting a webinar on Monday 3rd October at 12 noon whereby Dr Matthew Andrews will be discussing the role and you will have an opportunity to ask questions*. Please click here for the link to the call.
Alternatively, contact Hayley Histed on firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
Closing date: Monday 10th October 2022
Shortlisting: Tuesday 18th October 2022
Informal conversations: Wednesday 26th October 2022 to 28th October 2022:
Interviews: Thursday 3rd November 202
Applications should consist of a letter addressing the criteria in the person specification and a full curriculum vitae.
See the recruitment pack here.
*this will be an anonymous webinar whereby you will have the option to keep your details hidden from others who are attending