Coventry University Recruitment & Admissions (CURA) lives and breathes a passion for finding, enrolling and supporting students to earn a Coventry University award. We work with future graduates from across the globe, helping them to study here in the UK, or in selected locations around the world.
We’re recruiting for multiple Student Success Lead Practioner’s to lead and manage our new Student Success team on a permanent full-time contract from September 2021 on a salary between £35,000 and £43,000.
The Student Success team are responsible for helping students identify and achieve their educational ambitions and make the most from their course and everything that university life has to offer them. You’ll develop the practice and performance of your team of coaches and lead by example, coaching and mentoring your own caseload of students.
This is a brand-new initiative, so you’ll be instrumental in helping shape and direct the team’s coaching best practice from the very beginning and continuously improve the function, collaborating with other teams and functions across the organisation. You will monitor the team’s effectiveness to hone in on key areas and put in place development plans and frameworks for your team to ensure a seamless experience for the student.
We’re not just looking for the ordinary though, we want you to bring your passion and background to the role be it; the significance of lifestyle for wellbeing, the potential of mature learners, the power of peer mentoring – we’re open to hearing how your specialism or experience will make an impact.
- Coaching qualification or demonstratable experience: You’ve upskilled, lead and coached, developed, and empowered people to success in a previous role. You’re able to assess the maturity and needs of a team or student and coach them towards improved and higher performance.
- Previous line management experience: Not only are you a leader but you know how to manage effectively, with your own developed and adaptable style.
- Problem solver: Analytical and critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to problems.
- Expert facilitation, mentoring and presentation skills: You can present your cause at all levels within an organisation, whether mentoring a team member or winning the hearts and minds of stakeholders in other teams.
- Data is your friend: You’re comfortable using data to report effectiveness and impact. You can use your understanding to direct and motivate your team and provide recommendations to all kinds of stakeholders.
- Clear communicator: Communication and conversation come naturally to you, you’re naturally curious about people, relish in the opportunity to help others achieve their ambitions and quickly develop rapport with people from all backgrounds. You’ve worked with diverse teams with different needs and therefore can adapt your communication style.
- Self-motivated and organised: You take direction and go with it, thriving on getting the right results. You love to learn and prefer to be proactive rather than reactive to situations. You manage your time effectively and can prioritise multiple projects and demands.
To apply, please visit here