University Alliance (UA) are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and highly organised analyst to play a key role in providing research and data support to a small but energetic team. The role would suit a self-starter with excellent research skills, with a particular emphasis on statistical analysis. Experience in using data and evidence to influence policy, and higher education policy, in particular, would be highly desirable.
About the role
• Analyse regular sector statistical releases and other key reports
• Provide a range of desk-based research support for key projects, including literature reviews, briefing papers, published reports and press reports
• Design, populate and maintain databases including UA member statistics, ensuring quality and relevance of data
• Gather case studies from UA members and other key stakeholders
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills and experience in using a range of research techniques
• Project management skills and experience in designing, managing and delivering high-quality projects on time and budget
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills in a range of formats
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 p.a. pro rata for part-time and dependent on skills and experience
Contract type: 12-month fixed-term contract, 0.4 FTE
Hours: Part-time (15 hrs per week) – flexible working pattern across the working week to be agreed with the line manager.
Principal location of work: Based in UA’s Central London touchdown space, but the flexibility to work from home for part of the working week (subject to change depending on government guidelines)
Interviews via MS Teams
First interview W/c 16th August 2021
Second interview W/c 23rd August 2021