About the role
Hotcourses Group is seeking an outstanding experienced writer to be the voice of our flagship website for international students www.hotcoursesabroad.com; creating content to engage and inspire our users in their study abroad ambitions.
Hotcourses Abroad simplifies and personalises the international student research journey, providing tools, technology and content which help guide users to the right choice for them. The vision for the company is to provide a complete end-to-end service for prospective students and universities alike, leading the world in education search and enrolment solutions.
We are seeking a candidate with enthusiasm for education, an understanding of our international student audience, talent for writing and engaging with an audience and with demonstrable experience of tailoring content for different digital platforms in line with how that content is consumed.
- Writing, editing and proofreading content on a daily basis
- Analysing the latest industry data and trends
- Setting the voice and tone for the international team’s online presence
- Tracking and reporting on all site metrics
- Being the authority in international education, informing teams of relevant sector news and developments
- Leading on new and creative ways of engaging with our international student audience
- Working closely with the Product teams to constantly innovate and improve the function and design of our international sites
- Working closely with the Marketing teams to create unique and engaging content based on audience demand, SEO requirements, client content and social media output
- Managing and guiding junior writers and freelancers
- Representing the company at events and communicating with industry for sector engagement and brand building
- Developing lucrative content partnerships with organisations across the world
- A degree in any subject – strong writing skills and evidence of editorial work are pre-requisites
- Knowledge of the international education sector and the drive to continue developing your knowledge
- Dynamic, creative and self-motivated with the ability to lead teams
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Confident communicating with a youthful international audience via digital content, social media and email newsletters
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Personal experience of international study advantageous
- Basic video editing, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills advantageous
We are a multinational company with over 300 talented people in offices in the UK, North America, Asia and Australia. Every year we inspire and support people of all ages and backgrounds to make the right education choices, in order for them to have happier, fulfilled and successful lives.
We believe education is transformative and that we will #neverstoplearning, which is why we offer our team personal growth with exceptional learning and development. One of our fantastic company benefits is the £200 per year allowance that all employees receive to spend on courses of their choice. We’re a really sociable group, and have regular company events and activities.
We specialise in digital technology, disrupting physical markets, providing future students with unique digital tools, informative and inspirational content, from the early stages of research, right the way through to enrolling at schools, colleges and universities.
To apply for this role, send your CV, cover letter and examples of relevant previous work to email@example.com If successful you will be invited to an interview where you will be required to present your ideas to us and will be tested on your literacy and writing skills.