Head of Talent & Development
As part of a major realignment of our HR offering we are now seeking a strong and professional thought leader to provide transformational change and strategic direction through the establishment of a dedicated Talent & Development Centre of Excellence for our Leadership Teams.
We are one of the region’s largest employers with over 4,500 employees based in Milton Keynes and in national and regional centres across the UK and there are more than 4,400 additional employees.
Fundamental to our governance is the promotion of a policy of inclusion and diversity, challenging inequalities and supporting individual difference. We also strongly advocate a positive learning environment for all employees to achieve their full potential through the encouragement of lifelong learning.
PURPOSE AND ROLE OF THE HEAD OF TALENT & DEVELOPMENT:
As part of the introduction of our major organisation change programme our HR offering is moving towards a Centre of Excellence model and the Head of Talent & Development is fundamental to this change initiative.
Applications from candidates with a ‘can-do’ attitude and potential to grow into this role will be warmly received.
THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CHARGED WITH:
- Being a key member of the senior HR Leadership team (reporting directly to the Group HRD), developing and executing HR strategy plans to ensure close alignment to organisational priorities
- Providing thought leadership and strategic direction on talent, learning, career and leadership development across the organisation ensuring retention of top talent
- Overseeing the development and delivery of strategic leadership development programmes for all leaders including the organisation’s Top 100
- Taking responsibility for the development, implementation and embedding of succession planning practices, talent management and development programmes
- Enabling the development of interventions focussed on improving line manager competence and capability
- Championing the effective implementation and measurement of management capabilities
- Preparing and presenting reports on progress to the Executive
- Providing creative, innovative and agile learning interventions that meet the changing cultural and social needs of the organisation
- Leading the cultural development of the organisation to ensure the demonstrable values of inclusivity, responsiveness and innovation
- Champion the organisations development strategy to ensure staff engagement through career and personal development
- Ensuring Partnership style commercial relationships with Best Practice providers, evaluating quality and value for money services
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Head of Learning & Development, Head of Organisational Development, Head of Talent & Development, Head of Talent and Cultural Development, Head of Talent and Capability, Director of Talent & Development, Organisational Development, Learning and Organisational Development, Talent & Development, L&OD, Strategic Resourcing, Higher Education, Academia, Retail, Commercial, Manufacturing, Banking, Finance,
Please Note – Wallace Hind Selection have been selected as our exclusive retained partner so any direct applications from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to them
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting Head of Talent & Development – reference TF1707-63 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
BENEFITS: Superannuated Pension + 33 days holidays + statutory bank holidays and closure days + discounted PHI & Health Cash Plan.
An application form is available from the link located below. Hard copies and access details for disabled applicants are available from the Recruitment Co-ordinator on 01908 652959 or by email (on the link above), quoting the reference number
We promote diversity in employment and welcome applications from all sections of the community
For info and to apply click here