Executive Policy Officer to the Vice-Chancellor
Executive Policy Officer to the Vice-Chancellor This is a critical leadership role at the heart of the University working directly to the ViceChancellor. It is similar to a Chef du Cabinet role and involves running the V-Cs office, coordinating between the V-C and the rest of the university on a wide range of issues, and working on policy and speech writing.
This role requires someone who can offer senior experienced support to the VC and serve as a trusted adviser: someone who is not only an excellent people manager and a confident operations lead who will bring energy to the running of the VC’s Office, but an individual who thinks strategically and is able to help the VC with forward-planning and approaches to complex issues; who can support her in relation to the difficult policy decisions that her office requires; who can identify and co-ordinate people and resources to help achieve her goals.
Knowledge and Experience
- Senior-level experience, ideally in complex organisations with a strong reputation for high professional standards and excellent performance.
- Experience of building, managing, developing and motivating teams and maintaining a high performance culture.
- Experience of developing and delivering objectives within a multi-faceted organisation. (This may have been in an academic, research, health, government or charity setting.)
- Strong track record of delivering high-quality support that meets organisational needs and helps to improve perceptions of the VC’s office through excellent performance. 5
- Extensive experience of successfully working with and influencing a wide range of internal and external relationships. Ability to demonstrate collaborative working with a wide range of colleagues and a variety of approaches and personal styles.
- Experience of leading risk and reputation management.
- A good first degree or equivalent is essential, and a higher degree is highly desirable.
For more information and to apply please click here.