NUCCAT Annual Conference 2017- ‘Delivering quality at a time of change’
2017-18 brings another year of major change in HE with the Office for Students and its designated quality body due to launch in the New Year, a revised UK Quality Code and TEF specification, and ongoing debates about academic standards, grade inflation and the role of external examiners. In the meantime, student engagement and consumer protection remain high on institutions’ agendas.
The 2017 NUCCAT Conference ‘Delivering Quality at a Time of Change’ and AGM will be held on Thursday 30th November 2017 at the Manchester Conference Centre with contributions from academic managers, policymakers and practitioners including Professor Chris Husbands, Vice-Chancellor of Sheffield Hallam University and Chair of the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework.
There are a range of Showcase Sessions to choose from including:
- An opening Keynote focusing Quality Assurance in Higher Education – Maureen McLaughlin, QAA
- Political Landscape – Catherine Boyd, Executive Officer, WonkHE
- Degree Algorithms Project – Sam Roseveare, Policy Researcher, Universities UK
- External Examiners – Professor Sue Bloxham on behalf of the Higher Education Academy
- Closing Keynote by Chris Husbands, VC of Sheffield Hallam University & Chair of the TEF